Protecting the Planet from Asteroids, Comets

122

The US government is accelerating efforts to protect the planet from asteroids that could destroy all regions or continents.

The National Science and Technology Council issued a report in the past week that called for improved asteroid detection, tracking and diversion. NASA is participating with the federal emergency, the military, the White House and other officials.

For now, scientists know that asteroids or comets do not get in the way. But nobody can hide us, and the government wants a better plan.

NASA’s planetary defense officer Lindley Johnson said scientists found 95 percent of all objects in the world that are one kilometer (two-thirds of a mile) or larger. However, for the remaining 5 percent and smaller rocks that can still cause major damage, the hunt still continues.

Altogether, NASA cataloged 18,310 objects in all sizes. It’s a little more than 460 feet (140 meters) or more than 800.

According to Johnson, there is no quick solution if a space rock suddenly takes days, weeks, or even months. Such a brief statement, however, said that it would evacuate the area at least to the earth.

Johnson said that Earth telescopes are good at getting closer to the inner solar system and collecting the asteroids of the Earth approaching at night. What is difficult to identify is the rocks that split the solar system from the solar system that jumped past the sun and approach it from daylight. Apparently, a 66-meter asteroid emerged suddenly in 2013, causing Russia to explode through Chelyabinsk, causing thousands of buildings to be damaged and widespread injuries.

In 1908, an asteroid spanning a 770 square mile (2,000 square kilometer) area exploded in Russia’s Tunguska. According to a report released Wednesday, if a similar incident hit New York, millions of people were killed.

Sponsorship: insurance news. You deserve to upgrade. Go Pro! ıjpro. Insurance news for steroids.
A gigantic space rock swallowed dinosaurs 65 million years ago when Mexico entered the peninsula of Yucatan.

Johnson stressed that a potential killer asteroid will take years to reach a target a few years after a few years to build a space vehicle. Ideally, he wants news at least 10 years in advance.

A mission to defend the planet may involve shooting an asteroid or comet through a large, fast moving robotic space vehicle, hoping to change its course; or worse, causes a nuclear device not to blow up the asteroid, but to overheat the surface and not blow enough material to direct it.

Johnson contains the current technology.

“This is part of the action plan, other technologies are to investigate techniques for both the diversion and the destruction of the asteroid,” he told reporters.

It is an example of a large asteroid that affects the Earth. This great effect will be the result of the destruction of all life on Earth. World texture maps with NASA permission.
Aaron Miles of the White House Office and Technology Policy Office said that most of the extra work could be done with the available funds.

“It is about understanding how you will use these resources wisely,” he said.

Authorities said at the bottom, the US government wants to be ready to decide what action is best if it is necessary.

Scientists hope to learn more about asteroids from a pair of still-ongoing missions. NASA’s Osiris-Rex spacecraft will reach the asteroid Bennu this year, bringing back the specimens in 2023, and Japan’s Hyabusa 2 will end in Ryugu with samples to be returned in 2020.

Astronauts, forget to send Hollywood-style.

“We are doing a good film, but we have not seen any technique in our work that requires the participation of astronauts,” Johnson said. He noted that, given current technology or technology, it makes it more difficult for people, such as months or years, though this is not impossible for people.

The Associated Press Health and Science Department is supported by Howard Hughes Medical Institute’s Department of Science Education. The AP is only responsible for all content.

Legal warning !
The information, comments and suggestions there are not covered by investment advice. It is based on the author's personal opinions. These views may not fit your financial situation and risk and return preferences. For this reason, based solely on this information, investment decisions may not have the appropriate consequences for your expectation. Our Site is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the investors as a result of the use of the information on the Site, deficiencies in the sources, damages incurred by profit, moral damages, or damage to third parties.