A possible chemical leak at a Massachusetts electronic cigarette manufacturer resulted in a hazmat response and the hospitalization of dozens of plant workers.
Officials say a hazmat team was called to the e-cigarette plant in Salem Sunday afternoon to investigate a reported chlorine leak, deeming the building safe around 8 p.m. Sunday. The state fire marshal’s office says multiple ambulances were called to the same scene about an hour later, where officials say 30 people were hospitalized after reported difficulty breathing and nausea, among other symptoms.
Salem Deputy Fire Brigade Commander Alan Dionne described the scene as “mass hysteria”, saying that he flew out of the building. Dionne says no deaths have been reported.
Legal warning !
The information, comments and suggestions there are not covered by investment advice. It is based on the author's personal opinions. These views may not fit your financial situation and risk and return preferences. For this reason, based solely on this information, investment decisions may not have the appropriate consequences for your expectation. Our Site is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the investors as a result of the use of the information on the Site, deficiencies in the sources, damages incurred by profit, moral damages, or damage to third parties.