A Minnesota family sickened by eating pasta salad contaminated with salmonella is suing the Iowa-based grocery store chain that distributed the food.
The lawsuit was filed Tuesday against Hy-Vee Inc. The suit alleges a woman, her daughter and her grandson became ill after eating pasta salad bought at a Hy-Vee store in Winona, Minnesota. The lawsuit says the mother and daughter required a doctor’s care.
Hy-Vee issued a recall for the product on July 17th. Federal health officials said 79 people in nine provinces, including 18 people, had to be hospitalized.
A Hy-Vee spokesman says food safety is the company’s top priority and an inquiry continues at the Nebraska facility where the pasta salad is made.
The case demands unspecified amount of money for medical expenses, suffering and suffering and loss of wages.
Legal warning !
The information, comments and suggestions there are not covered by investment advice. It is based on the author's personal opinions. These views may not fit your financial situation and risk and return preferences. For this reason, based solely on this information, investment decisions may not have the appropriate consequences for your expectation. Our Site is not responsible for any direct or indirect damages incurred by the investors as a result of the use of the information on the Site, deficiencies in the sources, damages incurred by profit, moral damages, or damage to third parties.